September 1st, 2020
CREATIVITY AND RESILIENCY
Last month, we held the SPE-GCS annual kickoff meeting virtually, where we formally thanked the outgoing board and welcomed new board members. Special thanks go to Gabby Morrow, past chair, for an excellent job during her term. I know I have big shoes to fill, and she has done a great job transitioning the chair role. During the kickoff, I also shared more details on the section goals. Here is a summary:
- Deliver more virtual and hybrid (virtual and in-person) events for greater flexibility.
- Enhance the online “On-Demand Content Library” and add more content with event recordings.
- Advance digital efforts by evaluating and proposing an SPE-GCS mobile app and deliver a podcast initiative.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate with other SPE sections and external organizations.
- Deliver diversity and inclusion (D&I) soft skills sessions to our members.
The kickoff was …