I have met most of you, however for those I have not, let me introduce myself. My name is Alex Martinez, and I'm the new section chair for the 2023-2024 term.
I’m a reservoir engineer at DeGolyer and MacNaughton in the North America Division with over ten years of experience in the industry.
Your selflessness and dedication are the cornerstones of our success (consecutive Outstanding Section awards,) thus I want to take a moment to express my deep appreciation.
Your time, energy, and most important passion have profoundly impacted our organization's ability to provide forums. These allow its members to maintain a professional competence, as well as enhance the image of the Oil and Gas Industry to the community by sponsoring service programs. None of these accomplishments would have been possible without your invaluable contributions.
A couple of new initiatives/goals I would like to introduce this year are as follows:
- Recruit and retain members to the section, with a focus on the Young Professionals demographic; recent college graduates, 5 to 10 years of industry experience.
- Maintain the high quality of technical talks and one-day events.
- Member Appreciation events
- Reach $1.1 MM for the Scholarship Endowment Fund (we are currently at $778K)
- Pop-events Membership Drive - if your company is interested to participate, please email us at email@example.com
- Increase Volunteer Spotlight Submissions - we want to highlight outstanding volunteers, make sure you to submit them.
If you have any questions/concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and until next time!
SPE-GCS 2023-2024 Section Chair