About SPE Gulf Coast Section
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is an international volunteer nonprofit organization that has many sections all over the world. The Houston-area section, named the Gulf Coast Section, takes pride in being one of the largest and most active of the SPE sections. The SPE Gulf Coast Section (SPE-GCS) was established on December 13, 1935.
The Mission of the Gulf Coast Section shall be the promotion of mutual cooperation in furthering the objectives of the Society of Petroleum Engineers International, Inc. This shall be accomplished by:
- Providing forums that afford members the opportunity to upgrade and maintain professional competence
- Providing social interaction that increases member participation in Section activities as a whole, while striving to maintain the integrity of the Section
- Supporting programs in area primary and secondary schools to encourage students to develop their abilities in mathematics, science, and engineering
- Supporting engineering programs at the university level
- Enhancing the image of the Oil and Gas Industry by sponsoring community service programs
The Gulf Coast Section is governed by the following by-laws: SPE-GCS By-Laws
Download the 2018-2019 Kickoff Presentations:
SPE Houston Office Information
The SPE Houston Office, opened in September 1995, is the focal point for all SPE Gulf Coast Section activities.
SPE Gulf Coast Section
10777 Westheimer Road, Suite 1075
Houston, TX 77042
Office Hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday thru Friday