Energy Professionals Hiring Event
You are cordially invited to attend the “ENERGY PROFESSIONALS HIRING EVENT” hosted by the Society of Petroleum Engineers – Gulf Coast Section in partnership with Texas Workforce Solutions. We are striving to provide a platform for experienced upstream and energy professionals and industry companies to e-meet and create value for both sides.
Welcome to the SPE Spring 2021 Energy Professional Hiring Event! This virtual event provides job seekers with opportunities to meet with potential energy industry hiring companies in upstream oil and gas and renewables. The event also features Discipline-driven Newtorking Suites hosted by Collaborating Organizations and companies. Each suite engages in industry-related topics and provides job seekers opportunities to network and learn about different segments of the industry.
Event registration is required and resume/CV must be submitted at least 48 hours before the event. Various Event entry times are available for registration to allow job seekers ample time to meet with companies. Job seeker qualifications include:
- Be an active member of either SPE or at least any one of the collaborating professional organizations (click here for participating collaborating organizations). Provide proof of active membership.
- And possess a university degree equivalent to a 4-year bachelor’s degree in engineering, applied sciences or a 4-year degree in a field other than science or engineering and technical experience working in the energy sector and / or proejcts.
- Or possess a 2-year science or engineering degree and technical experience working in the energy sector and / or proejcts.
Job Seeker Registration opens on March 5, 2021.
SAVE THE DATE - https://www.spegcs.org/events/6015/
Job Seeker Registration closes on April 5, 2021
Networking Suites are your chance to connect with industry professionals, fellow job seekers, and collaborating organizations. Admittance to the Networking Suites is included in the Hiring Event and take place in two hour brackets from 9:00am to 3:00pm featuring the proposed disciplines and interests:
- Business Development and Exploration ---
- Facilities and Construction ---
- HSSE & ESG, Project Management, Project Controls ---
- Subsurface, G&G, Reservoir ---
- Drilling & Completions ---
- Digital Transformation and Emerging Technologies ---
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ---
- Renewables & Sustainability ---
MiT ENERGY INDUSTRY PANEL DISCUSSION
Pivot or Patience
What's Next for Oil and Gas Professionals?
SPE Gulf Coast Section - Members in Transition committee presents the Event Industry Panel discussion. This event will include industry discussion and guidance for members in transition. This portion of the event is virtual and scheduled for April 6, 2021. This is a great event to consider attending if you are participating in the Virtual Hiring Event. To date, the speakers include:
Thomas A. (Tom) Blasingame, Ph.D., P.E. - 2021 SPE President, Professor of Petroleum Engineering at Texas A&M University
Nathan Meehan, Ph.D., P.E.- 2016 SPE President, President of CMG Petroleum Consulting and Senior Technology Advisor for Petro.ai
David Gibson, Owner, Gibson Reports
Panel Discussion Registration: SPE-GCS events website.
EMPLOYER REGISTRATION CLOSES - March 31, 2021
Employers, please check here to learn more.
Support SPE-CGS Scholarship Endowment Fund
SPE-GCS encourages your support of the SPE-GCS Scholarship Endowment Fund. Supporting SPE-GCS raises scholarship money for our future local engineers. SPE-GCS has been providing college scholarships for students interested in math, science, and engineering degrees since 1963. Our program has sponsored over 800 students in the 56 years that we have been awarding scholarships and we have given out over $5 million in scholarships.
Visit the Scholarship Endowment Fund for more information on how you can support SPE-GCS.
SPE-GCS is a 501 c3 organization (tax ID 75-2001539).
The SPE collaborates with many oil and gas and engineering organizations. To learn more about what organizations are collaborating, please click here.