The SPE GCS Continuing Education Committee is responsible for providing continuing education opportunities for its members as needed for their professional development and career management. It does so by:
- Staging educational events such as short courses (technical, business, etc.)
- Identifying the above-stated needs of the section membership by surveys, interviews and accumulating information from individual requests
- Developing new courses as needed and as identified
- Piloting short courses for the Society of Petroleum Engineers (the majority of SPE-sanctioned short courses were either developed or piloted in the Gulf Coast Section)
- Championing timely initiatives, such as distance learning, computer-based training, cooperative efforts with universities and other professional societies.
“Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D'Angelo
Annual Recurring Events
"Writing SPE Technical Papers: Abstracts, Manuscripts, Presentations & More"
with Terry Palisch, VP of Technology and Engineering, CARBO Ceramics
Continuing Education Team
Volunteer with SPE GCS
The Continuing Education Committee has the following positions open: TBD
Fill out the following form and the Chair will be in touch with you about volunteering opportunities.