2010 marks the 75thAnniversary of the Society of Petroleum Engineers Gulf Coast Section (SPE-GCS)! To celebrate 75 years of successful activity as well as our wonderful members and volunteers who serve to make the section as success, SPE-GCS and its Auxiliary Club is hosting a party on November 6, 2010 at Union Station in Minute Maid Park from 7pm-10pm. To celebrate the achievements of the organization over the past 75 years, the Anniversary Party will highlight three different quarter centuries in separate themed rooms.
- The 1935 – 1960 room will be designated as a “Speak Easy” featuring casino tables and a jazz band to correspond to that time period.
- The 1960 – 1985 room will feature a dance floor with a live cover band playing songs from the 60s and 70s.
- The 1985 – 2010 room will be the reception room for attendees to enter. It will contain large poster spreads of past SPE journal covers highlighting key events over the past 75 years. It will also feature activities that urge members to relive their favorite oil and gas industry moment or memory to be documented and used for later events.
- Becoming the event sponsor (1 available)- $10,000 -This sponsorship will entitle the sponsor company to 4 complimentary tickets to the event. The event sponsor will also be recognized on all event announcements beforehand and on one large banner in all three rooms. The event title will also include the sponsoring company’s name from the point of sponsorship confirmation onward.
- Becoming a themed room sponsor (1 available)-$5,000 - This sponsorship will entitle the sponsoring company to 2 complimentary tickets to the event and a designated marquee on a table within their sponsored room. The sponsoring company will also be recognized on medium sized banners and be given the option to set up a table/booth inside their sponsored room. In addition, the sponsoring company’s name will be listed in the event invitation next to their designated themed room description.
- Individual and company donations– any value – Individual and company donors will be recognized on an entry way banner in the reception hall.
Thanks to our sponsors!