Registrations Starts at 11:00 AM
The format will be an open panel discussion, which will allow attendees to ask the questions they have always wondered about. You will hear straight talk about what today’s young professionals feel they want and need. You will also hear what it is like working at different companies. You will not want to miss out on this meeting. Most importantly, you will hear this from those directly involved in developing young professionals’ careers at their respective firms and how they view their development.
Some of the discussion topics may include:
* What are seen as some of the motivators for young engineers to start their careers at a specific company?
* What information is relevant for young professionals with respect to career development?
* What can you expect after five years if you work for a major, small, independent or a service company?
* Discussion of different companies, training programs and opportunities.
* How can you make a difference in a large organization with 4,000 + employees?
* What can SPE do as an organization to get young engineers more engaged and involved?
* With energy prices at their lowest level in recent years are we facing a similar personnel cycle as in the 1980’s?
* What are hiring plans for 2009?
* When is the right time to pursue a graduate degree?
* What are the traits of a successful engineer?
* How to build a career network that will help you in the future?
* How do you maintain a positive work-life balance?
Mixed Green Salad