Young Professionals: Managing, Developing & Empowering Young Professionals / Future Leaders in the Energy Industry
Registrations Starts at 11:00 AM
This program will provide attendees with an insider view of what a career in the energy industry is all about. It will focus on what is necessary to succeed both inside and outside the workplace. Career development and experienced energy professionals from various energy companies ranging from the majors to small independents, private and oilfield service firms will be speaking and giving advice to attendees. A panel discussion will take place providing attendees with a wide range perspective of your work place and help determine if you are valued, rewarded and being adequately challenged at your company.
The format will be an open panel discussion, which will allow attendees to ask the questions they have always wondered about. You will hear straight talk about what today’s young professionals feel they want and need. You will also hear what it is like working at different companies. You will not want to miss out on this meeting. Most importantly, you will hear this from those directly involved in developing young professionals’ careers at their respective firms and how they view their development.
Some of the discussion topics may include:
* What are seen as some of the motivators for young engineers to start their careers at a specific company?
* What information is relevant for young professionals with respect to career development?
* What can you expect after five years if you work for a major, small, independent or a service company?
* Discussion of different companies, training programs and opportunities.
* How can you make a difference in a large organization with 4,000 + employees?
* What can SPE do as an organization to get young engineers more engaged and involved?
* With energy prices at their lowest level in recent years are we facing a similar personnel cycle as in the 1980’s?
* What are hiring plans for 2009?
* When is the right time to pursue a graduate degree?
* What are the traits of a successful engineer?
* How to build a career network that will help you in the future?
* How do you maintain a positive work-life balance?
If you have special dietary needs (diabetic, religious, allergies, etc.) please include a note of your meal needs during the on-line registration process in the box labeled "Optional comments for the event planner".
Mixed Green Salad
Valet parking is available at the ExxonMobil Building for $7.00. You may also park at in the public parking lots around the ExxonMobil Building for fees that are generally in the $5 - $6 range.
Petroleum Club of Houston, ExxonMobil Bldg, 43 Floor
800 Bell Street
Houston , TX 77002