- Why are there ethical dilemmas?
- The legal basis of engineering ethics.
- Requirements of the Texas statute.
- The moral basis of engineering ethics.
- Engineer's roles vs. Manager's roles - Case Studies
The presentation is a one-hour discussion of aspects of engineering ethics primarily designed to fulfill the continuing education requirements of various State Boards of Professional Engineering Registration. It offers a review of Engineering Codes of Ethics prepared by State Boards and Professional Societies. The presentation, through use of case studies and situational illustrations, provides practical methods of identifying the essentials in ethical decisions and resolving conflicts between ethical principles.
Ethics is minimum acceptable behavior