Introduction to Heavy Oil:
- What is heavy oil?
- How was it formed?
- What makes heavy oil heavy?
- Basics on heavy oil reservoirs
- Locations of heavy oil deposits. Could discuss
, Canada , Venezuela , others USA
Why the growing interest in Heavy Oil?
- Review supply and demand?
- Global issues and impact on heavy oil development
Brief overview of Heavy Oil recovery methods:
- Cold Production and Cold Heavy Oil Production with Sand (CHOPS)
- Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS)
- Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD)
- Vapor Assisted Petroleum Extraction (VAPEX)
- Toe to Heel Air Injection (THAI)
- Hybrid recovery methods
Economics and Markets for Heavy Oil:
- Why is heavy oil profitable?
- Traditional and emerging heavy oil markets
Opportunities and Challenges for heavy oil development
The SPE-Gulf Coast Section office is located at 10777 Westheimer,
· Take Beltway 8/Sam
· Exit at Westheimer & go west on Westheimer.
· Our building is at the corner of Westheimer and
· Take a left on Walnut Bend.
· Take a left into the parking garage driveway & then a right into the parking garage.
· You may park free in the parking garage on the 1st floor in Visitor's Parking.
· Call Kathy MacLennan, SPE Gulf Coast Section Liaison at 713.779.9595 ext. 613 if you need help.