Welcome to the Geothermal AInnovation Competition! We invite teams from around the globe to participate in this exciting virtual competition aimed at showcasing the potential of AI-assisted workflows in the Geothermal lifecycle.
- This contest challenges Teams to propose LLM-based workflows for any discipline (geophysics, geology, drilling and completions, reservoir / production / process engineering, HSE) that would support accelerated assessments to facilitate the implementation of geothermal projects, paving the way for a greener and more sustainable future.
- This competition aims to highlight is the disruptive force of LLM to accelerate geothermal, from field development to also research and development of new enablers. Participants are allowed to utilizing any of the existing pre-trained models in the public domain to present conceptual ideas of aplications of LLM-models into the lifecycle of geothermal developments.
- The participants will have until 31st August to develop a LLM-based workflow. Participants will submit a Video of maximum 3 minutes where they will describe the target problem, the selected information and datasets to apply the LLM-Model and a visualization of how the coded workflow works in one geothermal example.
The registration is open to all AI-enthusiasts that want to explore opportunities in the geothermal world. This is a good opportunity for students and young professionals to utilize advances of AI to excel in an new energy domain. In addition to that, we have great prizes - $5000, $2000, and $1000 for top three teams respectively.
- Competition allows participations in Teams of 1 to 4 members.
- To ensure homogeneity among proposals, participants are requested to use only open access pre-trained LLM models.
- SPE and Project InnerSpace make no claim over intellectual property generated during the event.
- Social Media Disclosure: By taking part in the event, you agree to allow SPE and Project InnerSpace to include mention of your participation in the event, and to appear in photos and video of the event. Personal information will not be made public without individual consent.
- SPE and organizing committee reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
- Cash Prizes are subject to SPE restrictions, trade policies, and regional constraints.