ABSTRACT OF PRESENTATION
THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD IN-PERSON AND ALSO VIA WEBINAR. TO REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR, PLEASE RETURN TO THE EVENTS PAGE FOR THE WEBINAR LINK.
This presentation starts with a summary of the last twenty years of motor development. It will highlight new technologies that have been introduced (power section design, evenwall motors, rubber compounds, etc.) and their effects on motor development, the effects of the industry economic roller coaster on motor development through the years, and the major technological challenges facing motor development today; in particular, weak CV joints and connections.
In addition, Michael will examine the unique format and structure of the directional drilling service industry, the service providers, the equipment suppliers, and the research and development side of the equation. There will be a discussion of the issues of getting new technologies tested and into the field and how few resources there are for testing and evaluation of new ideas. Finally, he will discuss where we are today, what needs to be done moving forward, and how we can help the drilling tool service industry.
HERB CRUSTED CHICKEN
Registration & Walk-ins
All attendees are encouraged to register and pay online for this event. This is a more efficient means of registering for the event and enables the registration process at the meeting to move much faster. Walk-in space is available on a seat-limited basis at a fee more than the on-line registration fee.
To secure the health and safety of all attendees, SPE-GCS will apply the following new Covid-19 safety protocol guidelines:
- Check in process (mandatory):
- Temperature check will be conducted (cannot be higher than F)
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available on site
- Complete health questionnaire
- Attendees who are sick will not be permitted to enter the event. This is without exception.
- All attendees are required to complete the On-line Questionnaire by using the QR Code and showing it to the SPE-GCS staff at the check in.
- Attendance will be limited by COVID-19 protocol to 78 attendees.
- Face masks will be required during the event. One will be provided for you if you forget yours.
- Food and beverage servers will wear masks and gloves.
- The event area will be sanitized and supplied with hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, and personal tissues.
- All participants will practice the 6 feet social distancing in ALL common areas.
- Tables will be set for a maximum of 6 attendees each.
- Please stay home and participate via the webinar option if you are not feeling well or if you are in a high-risk group.
- Contingencies: entrance will be prohibited should a person refuse to comply with any of the steps described above. • A SPE-GCS representative will ask the venue staff to provide support on escorting the person outside the venue.
Only 4 persons in an elevator - so allow time for elevator ride to club.