Learn how to identify near critical fluids in your reservoir to decide production strategies.
- Design and interpret PVT tests for near critical fluids:
- Constant Volume Depletion (CVD)
- Constant Composition Expansion
- Viscosity and Interfacial Tension
- Quality Control Tests
- Estimate the original gas in place and the original oil in place, reserves, and future performance of retrograde gas and volatile oil reservoirs.
- Development of a Semi-Compositional Material Balance Equation for volatile and condensate systems.
- Evaluation of oil and gas in place from production and PVT data. Uses and limitations.
- Understand the impact of compositional gradients due to gravity and how to handle them in reservoir simulation.
- Develop a criteria for lumping and characterizing hypothetical components to simplify simulation. Learn from frequent lumping mistakes.
- Describe condensate banking problems and solutions:
- Effects of reservoir heterogeneity
- Production rates