The Science and Engineering Fair of Houston (SEFH) serves as the regional fair for all junior and senior high school students in Harris County and 22 surrounding counties. SEFH strongly believes in the importance of students learning how to apply their math and science knowledge beyond the classroom. The educational activities sponsored by SEFH complement the rapidly growing demand for students with technical skills. In addition, SEFH also sponsors a Science & Engineering Writing Contest and a Technical Poster Design Contest.
SPEGCS-Community Service Group is supporting the Science and Engineering Fair of Houston of 2021. SEFH 2021 will be conducted entirely online. We need 4 volunteer judges to join our SPEGCS team. Here is what you need to know before volunteering:
- For most judges, the time commitment to participate will be a total of approximately six hours between Saturday, February 13th and Thursday, February 18th, 2021.
- Most of this time commitment will be flexible, which means judges will be able to review and score assigned projects anytime.
- Because the fair will be entirely online, judges will be able to participate from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Judges will need access to a desktop or laptop computer,because the website we will use to display projects and collect scores is generally not compatible with smart phones or tablets.
- SEFH will provided detailed instructions and training opportunitiesfor our online judging process during January and early February.