Riding the Energy Wave (“Without Wiping Out”)
Young professionals starting their careers in the oil and gas business have a bright and exciting future ahead. Today’s oil and gas business is high tech, fast-paced and deals in a global, multicultural environment – where the risks and rewards are high.
As we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the SPE Gulf Coast Section and the contributions of our Legion of Honor, what lessons have we learned that can be passed on to the SPE scholarship winners and the SPE Emerging Leaders Program members?
Jim Hackett, President and CEO of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, will discuss his outlook for the E&P business. His talk will focus on macro trends affecting the E&P business and what these outlooks mean for young professionals starting their careers. Mr. Hackett will also offer advice on career and leadership development and give insights on the ideal characteristics of high performing employees.
Plan to attend an inspirational evening where we will celebrate the multi-faceted achievements of several generations of superstars in the energy industry: The audience will include:
SPE - Gulf Coast Section Scholarship and Houston SPE Auxiliary winners, who are high school seniors who will be engineering majors, and their parents;
- SPE - Gulf Coast Section Scholarship renewals, who are petroleum engineering majors who are current college students, and their parents;
- SPE special award winners from the Science Engineering Fair of Houston in the Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Earth & Space Science and Environmental Science, who are middle school and high school students, and their parents;
- SPE Scholarship winners for the Communities in School Houston program, a program for “at risk” high school seniors, and their parents;
- SPE Emerging Leader Program members, who are SPE members with less than 10 years industry experience. The ELP was designed to identify and develop future leaders for SPE, to recognize and affirm the leadership potential of young members and to strengthen SPE through ELP initiatives;
- SPE Legion of Honor members, who have 50 years of SPE membership;
- SPE Auxiliary members, which is the SPE spouses’ organization;
- Various winners of SPE section awards who will be recognized for volunteerism; and
- SPE members and their spouses.
6:00 - 7:00 Reception, cash bar
7:00 - 8:00 Dinner and keynote speech
8:00 – 10:00 Awards presentation