The presentation will consider the five phases of a typical project as follows:
· Concept Selection
· Preliminary Design
· Detailed Engineering
· Fabrication, Construction & Installation
· Commissioning & Start-Up
For each phase, the following questions are addressed:
· Who are the principal HSE ‘customers’, i.e., who is the recipient of that phase’s deliverables?;
· What are the documents and information needed by the HSE group at that phase?
· What are the typical HSE deliverables and reports?
· What are the activities in which the HSE group is most likely to participate?
· What impact could the HSE group could have on the cost and schedule of the overall project?
· What resources (people and money) are needed at each phase for HSE work?