- Objectives of well testing
- Types of well tests
- A historical review of well testing
- Test design
- The four step analysis procedure
- What do the different plots mean?
- Software discussion and demos
- Pitfalls in analysis
- Rules of Thumb
The course emphasizes the practical application of well test theory to the solution of real well testing problems from design through interpretation for oil, gas and water injection wells. Participants will be introduced to a systematic approach to well test analysis and will apply it using contemporary well test analysis software. Participants will acquire valuable skills and insights for application in their job assignments.