Studies have shown that Emotional Intelligence, or EQ, is directly responsible for 27-45% of job success. As an individual's career develops and they move up the organizational ladder, EQ is increasingly more important, accounting for 80-90% of the impact on a senior leader's success. The good news is that EQ can be accurately determined and effectively improved upon by the individual.
The Emotionally Effective Leader workshop is designed to be an interactive session which includes class instruction, individual work, and group activities. The learning objectives are:
- Create an understanding of emotional intelligence using the EQ-i 2.0 model as a platform
- Increase participants’ understanding of mapping transformation leadership to emotional intelligence
- Enable participants to identify specific areas in their own EQ-i 2.0 Leadership reports and build an action plan to work on areas to develop further and leverage strengths
- Identify and understand how aspects of emotional intelligence can lead to derailing behaviors
- Apply what is learned in the session by developing a personal Leadership Effectiveness Framework
Benefits for the participants include:
Attendees will leverage their own EQ-i 2.0 assessment report and learn the importance of emotional intelligence in effective leadership. Also, participants will leave with a better understanding of their strengths and areas to develop in order to enhance leadership skills, as well as an action plan on how to increase effectiveness within their organization.
This course will provide 8 hours of continuing education credits