Come Experience Proven Digital Transformation Directly Through Live Product Demos and Step-by-step Case Study Reviews
- This is not your ordinary conference; this is a high-density, hands-on interactive experience.
- Take away comprehensive end-to-end understanding of workable solutions to bring back to your organization.
- Learn how to avoid common pitfalls in digital solution implementation from experienced first movers.
- Network with likeminded adopters and implementers of digital solutions who can discuss bottom-line value.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Decision makers in upstream O&G
- Teams focused on digital transformation
- Teams focused on driving improvements across operation
UNIQUE EVENT FORMAT
- Two keynotes from internationally renowned speakers
- Three technical panel discussions featuring industry experts
- Tech pavillion
Åshild Hanne Larsen - CIO and SVP Corporate IT - Equinor
Ashild Hanne Larsen will explore how technology has enabled the evolution of the industry and what lies ahead. Her presentation will discuss challenges and opportunities raised by digital transformation and how it has the potential to change how we work and what capabilities will be required. She will also share experiences from Equinor and describe some enablers required to support the transformation journey of a company, as well as share her perspectives on what the future might hold and how we can prepare for it as companies and individuals.
Christine R. Boles – VP Internet of Things Group, & GM of Industrial Solutions Division – Intel
"The Global Digital Transformation"
Well-established industries, such as oil & gas, are in the midst of large-scale transformation resulting from the need for data and the influx of it to improve operations and output. The growing number of connected devices and the explosion of data generated is challenging industries to adapt products and services from the physical world to the digital world. As a result, there is a need to connect the unconnected and provide intelligence from the edge to the cloud. Utilizing the momentum of AI and 5G, many industries are in the midst of a digital evolution extending beyond technology. New ways of thinking are emerging in the workforce, processes, and in the value chain. No single vector is sufficient for success. Capitalizing on the profound impact of data requires us all to think bigger, think broader, and think differently. Come hear Intel’s thoughts on the industrial transformation that is underway!
PANEL 1: Leaving SCADA Behind & Scaling Up IoT (Internet of Things)
- Louis Desroches - IoT Solutions - Process Industries - Intel
- Pat Moore - Sensors, Automation & Robotics Lead - ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company
- Denise Sherrod - Chief Automation - Occidental Petroleum
- Darryl Willis - VP Cloud Oil, Gas, and Energy - Google
IoT is something that is on everyone’s agenda today. The panel will address how the combination of cloud and edge computing is driving a transformation in how field data is acquired and processed – whether for safety, control or analytical purposes. Key questions that will be addressed include:
- What are the advantages of an IoT distributed compute environment – from edge to cloud?
- What are the emerging use cases for distributed compute? From Monitor, to automation & control, to advanced and distributed analytics/AI?
- What are the main technologies coming to play?
- What are the fundamental differences between the traditional ISA95 system and the emerging IoT based system?
- From successful PoC to corporate rollout - How do you scale up IoT solutions across your enterprise?
- What are the big challenges with digital transformation? Which are specific to oil & gas?
- What will be the big emerging IoT & AI trends in the next 2 years?
PANEL 2: Beyond the Hype, Unlocking the Real Value of Blockchain Applications for O&G
- Cari Day Dumais, MBA | Techmixologist |Senior Analyst IT | Equinor
- Dr. Ben Amaba | Chief Innovation Officer (CINO) for Industrial Sector, Watson & Cloud Platform | IBM
- Rebecca Hofmann | US Blockchain Strategy & Innovation |Equinor
- Mark Koeppen | Principal | Deloitte Consulting
Blockchain is at the top of the hype curve today. How do I determine what is real and beneficial to my operations and what is hype? The panel will help answer these questions:
- Where are the sweet spots for Blockchain in Oil & Gas operations – trading, supply chain, drilling, production…?
- Who should be responsible for Blockchain in my organization?
- What are the risks of being an early adopter?
- POCs are great, but how do I scale across my enterprise?
PANEL 3: Digital Transformation and the Evolving Worker - How digital transformation affects people and organizations
- Philippe Flichy - Energy Embassy
- Jim Claunch - Digital Visionary - Free Agent
- Uwa Airhiavbere - Director, Worldwide Oil & Gas - Microsoft
- Susan Peterson-Sturm - SVP - Digital Lead - ABB Energy Industries
Being the first one innovating with IIoT technologies does not necessarily makes you a winner… but your workforce and their adoption and efficient use of these new technologies WILL. The panel will discuss the various aspects of people and organization in the success of digital transformation. How personas and organization change with technology.
The Tech Pavilion is a space where attendees have the opportunity to experience some of the technologies enabling digital transformation. Exhibitors will present live demos not PowerPoint based over a period of 10 to 15 minutes including time for questions. We strongly recommend an interactive approach whereas attendees can ask questions and comments as the demonstration progresses. It is the presenters’ choice to let an attendee perform the demonstration if they feel comfortable doing so. No hazardous material should be used, and proper logistic arrangements will need to be taken well ahead of time in terms of specific requirements such as power, transportation, and installation.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Download the official mobile app for "SPE Digital Transformation Congress" created with Yapp