Artificial lift is a vital application in today’s unconventional environment. Two common types of artificial lift include gas lift and hydraulic lift. During this discussion, attendees will have an opportunity to learn the key basic concepts of these lift systems and how these systems are being used. The talk will be broken down two parts: gas lift and hydraulic lift.
For gas lift, discussion will center around
- Gas lift’s role in providing solutions to today’s unconventional fields, fields where laterals are getting longer and IP targets are growing
- The basics including its flexibility which allows engineers to obtain higher initial rates, while also being able to optimize life-of-well production.
- Showing examples of how “conventional” design techniques may be limiting the effectiveness of a gas lift system while outside-the-box completion options are expanding gas lift’s normal operating window further than ever before.
For hydraulic lift, attendants will have the opportunity to learn and discuss about
- The basics (how it works, its performance, system response, components, configurations, proper operation).
- Specific application topics especially with regards to early production.
Networking / Check-in: 6:30 - 7:00
Discussion: 7:00 - 8:00
Q&A and Final Networking: 8:00 - 8:30