This presentation provides answers to several key questions about the decommissioning of oil and gas production infrastructure in the Gulf of Mexico from an Operator’s point of view. Areas of discussion will include:
- Isn’t decommissioning of Gulf of Mexico oil and gas production infrastructure just development in reverse order?
- When should planning for decommissioning start?
- When does decommissioning really impact the finances of the owners?
- What should be considered when contracting for decommissioning services?
- How do Federal and State agencies impact the decommissioning methods utilized?
- What kind of equipment spreads are needed for decommissioning?
NOTE: DATE CHANGE DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER