Please join the SPE Young Professionals group as we volunteer at the Houston Marathon 2018 as part of the HEB Food Court.
We will have one group helping to server runners post-race meals and snacks in the HEB Food Court from 7:00 am to 11:00 am. Be ready to have fun in a great atmosphere! The Houston Marathon consistently sells out its 27,000 runner spots well before race day and people from around the country (and the world) come to Houston to participate in this event. As a Race Crew volunteer, you not only represent SPE but you represent Houston Marathon! Bring comfortable shoes (you will walk a lot) and be flexible, you never know when you might be called to volunteer at other activities in RaceFest, the EXPO or hand out cups of water on the course.
Please note: YOU MUST REGISTER ON THE HOUSTON MARATHON VOLUNTEER WEBSITE WITH OUR GROUP, SOCIETY OF PETROLEUM ENGINEERS, SO THE MARATHON COMMITTEE HAS AN ACCURATE HEADCOUNT.
When: Sunday, January 14, 2018, 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Where: George R. Brown Convention Center
HEB Food Court Volunteer (Scope of Work):
Set-up and distribute food and snacks to the runners post-race at the Food Court, located in the George R. Brown Convention Center. Direct runners to green crew recycling and composting stations as they finish their meals. Wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes. Please arrive at 7:00 am at the Volunteer Check-in in the Convention Center. Several days prior to the event, the Houston Marathon Committee Shift Captain (and SPE Team Lead) will contact you by email with final instructions, such as parking suggestions.
Registering as part of the Young Professionals group is easy:
1. Register on SPE’s event site (Just do it, you are already here!)
2. Go to the marathon’s volunteer registration page (https://hou.emos1.com/
3. Fill out the information required. Please note: “I am part of the group” box must be checked and your group, "Society of Petroleum Engineers" is selected in the drop down menu. See image below.
4. Select shift: HEB Food Court 7:30-11:00 am.
5. Complete the waiver and click the register button.