THE SHELTER FOR HURRICANE HARVEY SURVIVORS HAS MOVED LOCATIONS AND THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME.
Since Hurricane Harvey landed, SPE-GCS members are demonstrating resilience and giving back to the community, through volunteering their time at shelters and rebuilding homes.
This past weekend, the SPE-GCS community service team started gathering volunteers and volunteered at the NRG Center which is serving as a shelter. We would like to invite our members to continue this effort.
Volunteers will be needed to assist in running the shelter for Harvey evacuees at NRG Center. We plan to work in shifts and the following shifts will be available: 10am-1 pm, 1 pm-4pm
Location: NRG Center (not the stadium) is located at 1 NRG Park, Houston, TX 77054.
In addition, registration with NRG will be on site. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Information for Volunteers:
- Enter NRG center via Kirby Street
- Turn right on third red light (McNee Street) for parking. You will be directed to Gate 10, Red lot 2 or 4
- Bring a photo ID for verification
- Check-in at the volunteer table at NRG Center - not the stadium - enter through the glass doors located at the entrance facing Kirby.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and your SPE volunteer t-shirt (or a blue t-shirt)
- You must check-in and check-out at the volunteer check-in area for every shift.
If you have questions, please contact the Community Service Chair - Lisa Li at (281)814 6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org