Volunteers are needed to assist in running the BakerRipley shelter for Harvey evacuees at NRG Center in the next few weeks. Please sign up for a specific shift.
Volunteers are needed for the following jobs:
1. Volunteer Check-in
2. Guest Intake/Check-out
4. Maintaining Living Quarters
5. Food Service
Things you need to know:
1. NRG Center (not the stadium) is located at 1 NRG Park, Houston, TX 77054.
2. Free parking: Enter through Gate 10. Pass red lot and go down NRG Parkway. Park in Orange lots 8, 10 or 12. Parking Map. All volunteers must have a parking pass in their window when parking at NRG. Please print: Parking Pass
3. VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN - After parking in the orange lot, the volunteer entrance and exit is through the glass doors by the flagpoles.
4. Bring a photo ID for verification. Volunteers must be 16 and older.
5. Please wear comfortable clothes and your earn, learn, belong shirt if you were issued one.
6. Bring your own chargers and everything you may need for your shift. Only bring what you can keep on your person - there is no place for bags.
7. Please bring your own non-perishable food or eat before you come. Meals will be prioritized for guests first, so we cannot guarantee there will be food for volunteers at every shift.
8. You must check-in and check-out at the volunteer check-in area for every shift.
**Please note disaster recovery volunteers are exempt from formal agency orientation. You will receive training on-site when you arrive. For now, disregard the orientation instruction in your confirmation email.
Volunteers will be needed to assist in running the shelter for Harvey evacuees at NRG Center. We plan to work in shifts and the following shifts will be available: 12:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m., 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Location: NRG Center (not the stadium) is located at 1 NRG Park, Houston, TX 77054.
In addition, registration with NRG will be on site. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Information for Volunteers:
- Enter NRG center via Kirby Street
- Turn right on third red light (McNee Street) for parking. You will be directed to Gate 10, Red lot 2 or 4
- Bring a photo ID for verification
- Check-in at the volunteer table at NRG Center - not the stadium - enter through the glass doors located at the entrance facing Kirby.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and your SPE volunteer t-shirt (or a blue t-shirt)
- You must check-in and check-out at the volunteer check-in area for every shift.