Location, and more details have been announced below!
Rebuilding Together - Houston (RT-H) is Houston’s largest community outreach organization working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize neighborhoods. They provide home repair and renovation services at no cost to low-income homeowners in need, such as the elderly, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people impacted by natural disasters.
RT-H aims to help by constructing wheelchair ramps, installing handrails, installing doors with peepholes and security locks, and many other improvements that create an environment for the homeowner that is safe, warm, and dry.
RT-H needs volunteers of all experience levels to help their Fall 2016 Home Repair Program, and the YP group will be leading a team on the October 22nd and 29th sessions. Please join us in this event in which we not only give back to our Houston community, but use our handy engineering skills to do it!
This is weekend 1 of 2. A 2nd weekend event (10/29) shall occur if we do not complete our work on 10/22.
To sign up:
1) please visit: http://rebuildinghouston.org/volunteers.htm
2) Click on: "Sign-up Yourself," and then Agree to the Media and Safety Waivers.
3) Find the "SPE GCS YP Crew," and sign up! Shoot me an e-mail with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We shall be competing work at Ms. Hines' house at: 4922 Holloway Drive, Houston, TX 77048.
Please arrive by 8 AM. We will be:
1) Painting the siding white and the trim black
2) Replacing the lockset on the front door, and the burglar bar door
3) Fascia replacement where it is rotted with 1x4
4) Replace the rotted siding to the left of the front door
5) Caulk + Fill all joints and cracks in openings in soffitt before painting
6) On all sides of the house: Brush wash and scrape all wood and trim as necessary to remove loose paint
7) prime all new and old wood as required
8) Paint all wall area, siding, trim, soffitt, eaves, and fascia boards.