Mud Motor: Not a Dying Breed – From Workhorse to Racehorse
Content of the Workshop:
The positive displacement motor, commonly called a “mud motor”, is a simple but elegant machine that has become an integral part of the BHA especially when drilling shale wells. Even though tremendous advancements have been made but the challenges remain. The one-day workshop on mud motors covers the concepts, performance, advancements, future designs and how to use and when to use at difficult times. The workshop covers additional talks from industry technology leaders and is targeted for engineers, mud motor experts and manufacturers.
- Mud Motor History
- History of Power Sections
- Product Variants
- Genesis of Profile
- Evolution and Trends
- Design Problems – Sensitivity Analysis
- Operational Challenges
- Lab Tests and downhole vibration
- Repair and maintenance
- Limits and Potential new Directions
- Mud Motor: Not a Dying Breed – From Workhorse to Racehorse
- Mud Motor Optimization – Hydraulic and Mechanical
- Free Optimization Software demo
Also there will be additional three speakers.
- Gunthero with ASHMIN LC
- Michael Kuhlman with Weatherford International
- Michael Hooper with Halliburton
Please note that event price includes free Positive Displacement Motor: Theory and Applications color textbook (400 pages) by Dr. Robello Samuel (Author). This price will also include a breakfast and lunch for the day. A special price is available to any unemployed professionals looking to enhance their skills and network.