Across all oil and gas plays, the rapid evolution of completion and stimulation designs has created enormous opportunities to re-enter and re-stimulate wells that were completed early in the play development. Early under-stimulation (often in the best rock) has resulted in potentially significant reserves being left behind pipe for re-development consideration. This presentation will summarize feedback from a recent SPE ATW that addressed:
- Selection Process for Re-Fracturing Candidates
- Well Integrity (Including Regulatory Issues and BLM Language)
- Deployment Techniques and Intervention Requirements
- Zonal Isolation Techniques
- Chemical and Mechanical Diversion
- Fracture Stimulation Design (in a fractured well).
Reporting on the general trends, experiences and expectations from various operators and service providers, the presentation will summarize and compile the messages that were delivered across the two-day meeting.