REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/training/courses/SLA.php
This exciting three-day interactive course provides the tools and resources to help you make a successful transition from a technically-orientated individual contributor to a leadership role. The program consists of five core content modules that utilize a number of different learning methodologies to provide practical and immediately applicable skills. The course combines expert input, case studies, and immersive scenarios from the E&P sector to embed your learning and enable you to progress to the next level of your career.
Core Content Modules:
- Effective Communication
- Leading and Managing Teams
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Developing Yourself
- Developing Your Career
The program will deliver:
- New insight into how you can successfully navigate the transition from being an individual contributor to being a project or people leader
- Learning around the competencies, behaviors and work values that will help you become an effective leader more quickly
- A practical skill set that you will be able to apply immediately as well as throughout the next phase of your career
- The opportunity to informally benchmark your approach and what’s going on in your company with how things are done in other organizations
- Fresh inspiration for the opportunity you have to contribute to the success of your organization and the wider industry
Download the SPE Leadership Academy brochure (pdf)
For many E&P professionals, developing the expertise to successfully move into and perform in a leadership role is difficult. The technical skills that got you the job aren’t the same skills you need to move up.
The SPE Leadership Academy has been designed specifically to help you learn the necessary competencies to progress your career. The Program delivers immediately useful information in an E&P work setting that will equip you with the necessary tools to:
- Sharpen your communication skills and learn how to adapt your approach when needed
- Develop the proficiency required to act as a leader in a multi-disciplinary environment and influence others when you don’t have formal authority
- Learn how to present your ideas most effectively to key stakeholders
- Understand how successful people develop themselves and leverage networks
- Prepare yourself for the challenges you face in developing your career
Who Should Attend
The SPE Leadership Academy is designed for oil and gas industry professionals who are ready to make, in the process of making, or have recently made the transition to a leadership role. The modules will supplement your technical skills and prepare you for the next stages of your career.
Prior to attending the Leadership Academy, delegates will receive the following pre-work pieces
- Required Pre-Reading:
- Key articles that will help prepare delegates for the program, including extracts from
- Ram Charan’s work on the Leadership Pipeline
- Optional Reading List
- Overview of the E&P scenario to be used on the program
2.4 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will be awarded for this 3-day course.