REGISTER SOON: http://www.spe.org/training/courses/NPM.php
Statistics show that two out of three projects have difficulties meeting the three successful criteria: delivered on time, with a final actual cost on or below budget, and in full compliance with the requirements.
In this course, you will learn a new approach to implement earned value management (EVM) based on projects results (deliverables and milestones). In the first two days, participants will review the current practices of six project management principles, trends, and new techniques to facilitate the definition of the work scope and to better control the execution of oil and gas projects, in order to increase the probability of success and ROI of your capital projects. On the third day, participants will simulate two case study projects using the trial version of a software application called IPM-Pro (Integrated Project Management Professional), which is provided on a CD to each attendee.
- Project management review
- Enhancement of project performance (Effective integrated approach)
- Principle 1 – Scope definition (work breakdown structure – results based technique)
- Principle 2 – Baseline plan (performance measurement baseline – project work plan)
- Principle 3 – Project performance (earned value – earned schedule)
- Principle 4 – Performance measurement (EVM techniques – reporting)
- Principle 5 – Change management (the triple constraint – re-baseline development)
- Principle 6 – Close-out (lessons learned)
Introductory to intermediate
Why You Should Attend
This course teaches those working on projects the limitations of current project management practices to define the work scope and control of the execution of projects. Learn the difference between deliverables-milestones-based project planning process and the current activities-tasks-based project planning process. Learn an easy way to define and control the execution of oil and gas projects using a simplified and practical approach of work breakdown structure, earned values, and earned schedule methodologies. Simulate the planning and execution of case study projects using the new integrated project management approach and the trial version of a new software application.
Who Should Attend
This course is for project managers, project sponsors, project engineers, project planners, cost estimators, project controls, discipline leads, construction managers, and project people in general.
Participants must bring a laptop to this training.
2.4 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will be awarded for this 3-day course.