SPEI Research & Development Technical Section presents Technology Commercialization in the Oil and Gas Industry (Learnings From an Operator, Service Company, and Private Equity)
Adoption of new technology in any industry is difficult as it always involves shaking the status quo and moving to a new paradigm. However the Oil and gas industry has been known for a particularly slow adoption of new technology. This webinar will bring three very interesting perspective from the helm of the companies at the forefront of technology commercialization. Some of the questions that will be discussed:
• Weather the reputation of oil and gas being a slow technology adopter warranted or are there new ways in which oil and gas is adopting new technologies?
• What are the approaches that work to bring forth a new technology in a large oil operator? How to convince the assets to try new things?
• How does a major service company like Schlumberger deal with deploying and commercializing new technology?
• What role do private equity and venture capital players play in this large technology landscape?
• What are the technical challenges currently at the fore front of the R&D world. What disruptive technologies can we expect to be commercialized in the next 5 years?