This 2-day course examines the successful application of Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining (AI&DM) in the E&P industry in the past several years. It will start with the fundamentals of AI&DM, covering artificial neural networks, evolutionary computing, and fuzzy logic. The course is devoted to field application of this technology with focus on production optimization and recovery enhancement.
- Provide engineers and geoscientists with an alternative (new and innovative) set of tools and techniques to solve E&P related problems
- Identify remaining reserves and sweet spots in reservoirs as a function of time and different field development strategies
- Optimize stimulation and workover design and effectiveness by coupling reservoir characteristics with stimulation practices and forecasting stimulation outcome
- Tap into the hidden and usually unrealized potentials of numerical reservoir simulation models
- Quantify uncertainties associated with geological models and other parameters used in modeling production optimization and recovery enhancement
Why You Should Attend
Artificial Intelligence is a collection of several analytical tools that attempts to mimic life. This technology is used extensively in other industries such as automation, manufacturing, the financial market, and homeland security. It has been predicted that the use of AI technology will introduce a step-change in how E&P industry does business in the future.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for reservoir, completion and production engineers of operating companies as well as service company personnel involved with planning, completion, and operating wells.