- Shale gas basics
- Geologic aspects
- Key shale properties
- Gas resource analysis
- Optimizing hydraulic fracture treatments
- Production forecasting
- Global development activities
- Review the status and characteristics of various Shale Gas plays
- Recognize the factors controlling gas-in-place, reserves, and productivity
- Understand how to collect, analyze, and interpret critical data
- Review the steps for calculating reserve volumes and forecasting production
- Gain practical insight and techniques for quality-control and due diligence
- Network and share ideas with other attendees from the shale gas industry
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those involved in evaluating or developing Shale Gas and also those wanting to understand more about this resource. The target audience for this course includes engineers, geologists, geophysicists, investors, managers, government officials, planners, and technical support staff. Participants are assumed to have a basic understanding of general engineering and geologic terms.
0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 1-day course.