REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/career/educ_training/tc/HMC.php
This course is designed to cover techniques to incorporate production data into high-resolution reservoir models using conventional and fast flow simulation techniques such as streamline models. Different history matching workflows and their merits will be discussed. Both assisted history matching and automatic history matching (inverse modeling) techniques will be covered and pros and cons of the methods will be discussed. The production data can be in the form of pressure transient test, tracer test, multiphase production history or interpreted 4-D seismic information. Field examples will be presented to illustrate the current state of the art and limitations.
- History matching: Broad perspectives and current status
- History Matching: Workflows
- Production data integration: Background and theory
- Flow simulation through geologic models: Streamline approach
- Streamline-based production data integration
- Assisted History matching/Inverse Modeling with Finite Difference Models
- History Matching: Field applications
- Experimental design: Background and applications
- History Matching: Some recent developments (EnKF and MCMC)
- Summary and discussion
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for practicing geoscientists and engineers. No formal training is required other than knowledge of basic mathematics.
0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 1-day course.
The SPE online bookstore has titles that cover the topic of history matching and conditioning reservoir models to dynamic data. SPE members get a discount on all purchases.
History Matching and Conditioning Geologic Models to Production Data (reprint)
Reservoir Simulation (monograph)
Basic Applied Reservoir Simulation (textbook)
Streamline Simulation (textbook)
A fee equal to 25% of the course fee will be charged for cancellations less than 15 working days before the course begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the course begins.