REGISTER NOW: http://www.spe.org/career/educ_training/tc/FRS.php
An overview of the fundamental concepts and elements of reservoir simulation will be introduced in this fast-paced, lecture-style seminar. No equations will be used; the materials will be taught from an awareness perspective. Various phases (from model building through prediction) and types (single-well, sector, full-field) of models will be discussed.
Course topics include:
- When to use reservoir simulation
- Use and misuse of reservoir simulation
- Elements of a reservoir simulation model
- Types of reservoir simulators and features
- Coordinate geometries and model types
- Well modeling overview and building the model
- Managing the simulation run
- Defining initial conditions
- History matching and prediction
Process and specialty models
Upon completion, participants will understand the basics, such as why and how a model is built, data sources, how wells are modeled, and what a company is looking for in a reservoir simulation study.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who have had little exposure to reservoir simulation and need a “quick start” on the learning curve. Recent university graduates new to their position, earth scientists, and those who require a high-level view of this technology will especially benefit.
0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 1-day course.
A fee equal to 25% of the course fee will be charged for cancellations less than 15 working days before the course begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the course begins.