REGISTER HERE: http://www.spe.org/career/educ_training/tc/FRM.php
Time-lapse (or 4D) seismic is well on its way to becoming an integral part of reservoir management in several large oil companies, particularly in the North Sea. Successful published case studies have demonstrated that the challenges facing 4D seismic can, and have been overcome, largely through better understanding of 4D seismic fundamentals and utilization of fit-for-purpose seismic acquisition and processing. The instructor brings his reservoir engineering perspective and 4D seismic experience together to present 4D fundamentals, business drivers, challenges, case studies, workflows, and economics, along with ample time for questions and discussion.
- Define terms and fundamentals of 4D
- Discuss the business drivers for 4D, focusing on reservoir management impact
- Explore the economics of 4D seismic
- Review selected 4D case histories (a 4D bibliography will be in handout)
- Describe the 4D workflow from feasibility through integration of results
- Illustrate different levels of 4D feasibility to determine whether 4D will work
- Describe the integration of 4D results with reservoir simulation
Who Should Attend
Petroleum engineers, geologists, geophysicists, petro physicists, managers, government officials, and others wanting to know what time-lapse seismic is and how it can help reservoir management. There are no prerequisite degrees or courses required to gain insight from this course.
0.8 (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 1-day course.
A fee equal to 25% of the course fee will be charged for cancellations less than 15 working days before the course begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the course begins.