- Enable the stimulation of multiple target zones via a single deployment of downhole equipment
- Enable selective placement of each stimulation treatment so that they may be designed specifically for each individual zone to maximize well productivity
- Provide positive isolation between zones to ensure each zone is treated per design and previously treated zones are not inadvertently damaged
- Allow for treatments to be pumped at high flow rates to facilitate efficient and effective stimulation
- Perform these operations simultaneously on wells to achieve maximum equipment utilization. This presentation will describe the background leading to the conception and development of these technologies, reveal lessons learned and refinements in their deployment, and disclose information on field implementation and economic impact.
Key Idea: Performing numerous stimulation treatments selectively, rapidly and in a cost-efficient way is essential to the economic viability of exploiting thick and multi-layer low permeability reservoirs.