This course teaches an integrated version of the basics of waterflooding and enhanced oil recovery (EOR). The connection of each process to a few fundamental principles is illustrated. The course then reviews the specifics of thermal and solvent methods, relating basic principles to the results of field cases.
- Defining EOR
- Reviewing Displacement Fundamentals
- Understanding Phase Behavior
- Defining Polymer Flooding
- Exploring Micellar-Polymer Flooding
- Using Other Chemical Methods
- Analyzing Thermal Flooding
- Acquiring Solvent Flooding Basics
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers with at least a BS degree in petroleum or chemical engineering. All other engineers, mathematicians, and physicists with at least a BS degree and some experience in reservoir engineering and/or numerical simulation can benefit from this course.
A fee equal to 25% of the course fee will be charged for cancellation less than 15 working days before the course begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the course begins.