Coal Gas Basics
- Geologic Aspects
- Key Coal Properties
- Gas Resource Analysis
- Production Forecasting
- Computer Simulation
- Global Activities
- Future Opportunities
- Recognize the factors controlling gas-in-place, reserves, and productivity
- Understand how to collect, analyze, and interpret critical data
- Review the steps for calculating reserve volumes and forecasting production
- Gain practical insight and techniques for quality control and due diligence
- Review global CBM activities and future opportunities
- Network and share ideas with other attendees within the CBM industry
This course outlines the unique characteristics of Coalbed Methane (CBM) reservoir analysis. It reviews the key reservoir data and how variations in the different coal properties impact production performance and recoveries. Comments and examples are also provided on quality-checking data and on the ongoing development of CBM around the globe. The target audience for this workshop includes engineers, geologists, geophysicists, investors, managers, government officials, planners, and technical support staff who are interested in evaluating CBM fields or prospects and in understanding where the industry is headed.
0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 1-day course.
A fee equal to 25% of the course fee will be charged for cancellations less than 15 working days before the course begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the course begins.