For many large capital E&P projects, the ability to manage and operate the completed asset in an optimum state is critical to achieving cash flow objectives. The handover of the appropriate engineering and design basis information and models in a relevant and retrievable fashion are viewed as a strategic weapon in the quest to improve asset operation.
This presentation will discuss a number of challenges including:
· Design for controllability, flexibility and sustainability
· Design for profitable operation, not just for least cost construction
· Use the simulation models developed during the design for troubleshooting, operation and improvement of the asset
· Environmental and safety compliance (as-built and management of change)
· Transparency of designs, from beginning to end, to the owner operator
We will share how these challenges can be addressed with technology and case studies of the benefits companies have achieved. We also look forward to discussion of these and other issues and challenges experienced within the group.