SPE - Gulf Coast Section Scholarship and Houston SPE Auxiliary winners, who are high school seniors planning to pursue engineering degrees, and their parents;
SPE - Gulf Coast Section Scholarship renewals, who are petroleum engineering majors who are current college students, and their parents;
SPE special award winners from the Science Engineering Fair of Houston in the Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Earth & Space Science, and Environmental Science, who are middle school and high school students, and their parents and teacher;
SPE Scholarship winners for the Communities in School Houston program, a program for “at risk” high school seniors, and their parents;
SPE Young Professionals Board members, who are SPE members with less than 10 years industry experience. The YP Board was designed to identify and develop future leaders for SPE, to recognize and affirm the leadership potential of young members and to strengthen SPE through YP initiatives;
SPE Legion of Honor members, who have 50 years of SPE membership;
SPE Auxiliary members, which is the SPE spouses’ organization;
Various winners of SPE section and regional awards who will be recognized for volunteerism; and
SPE members and their spouses.
- Drilling Engineering: Dan Mueller, ConocoPhillips
- Formation Evaluation: Allen Howard, NuTech Energy Alliance
- Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility: Mike McKenna, Independent Consultant
- Management and Information: Eric M. Kocian, ExxonMobil
- Production and Operations: Karen E. Olson, BP
- Projects, Facilities, and Construction: Michael R. Cooley, Global Project Consultants, Inc.
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics: Scott R. Reeves, BG Group
- Outstanding Young Member Service: Valerie Martone, BHP Billiton
Regional Service Awards:
- Rey Saludares, Anadarko
- Jeanne M. Perdue, Independent Consultant
- Philippe Flichy, Independent Consultant
- Russ Neuschaefer, Schlumberger
Distinguished Corporate Support: PetroSkills
The Gulf Coast Section is fortunate to have a large and active membership, each of whom is greatly appreciated. Each year the Gulf Coast Section Chair recognizes a number of members for their service to the section, because of outstanding accomplishment and dedicated service. The 2009 Section Service Awards go to:
- Geoff Davis, RBC Richardson Barr
- Barry Faulkner, Zone Energy
- Lucy King, Kinder Morgan
- Noel Putscher, Murex Petroleum Corporation
- Keith Rappold, FMC Technologies
- Tim Riggs, Ryan Energy
- Bart Stafford, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
**Valet Parking at the Rice Hotel will be $10.00.
**Garage Parking (Enter on Travis Street) in Chase Contract Parking will be $5.00.