Announcing the Digital Energy Conference April 7-8, 2009, Houston, TX, USA
Building on the success of the Digital Energy (DE) and Intelligent Energy (IE) Conferences held in Houston and Amsterdam respectively, we have organized an international conference with a focused look at key aspects of the digital oilfield developments. The focus on Digital Oilfield initiatives has shifted from planning and testing to deployment. Key technologies have been tested and validated and continue to evolve. Challenges associated with managing sustainable strategies often involve people and process issues. The 2009 Digital Energy Conference theme will focus on the deployment issues examining key aspects related to this challenge. Another key aspect of the conference will be the emphasis on the real life case studies covering people, process, and technology issues.
The DE 2009 Organizing Committee is comprised of outstanding industry experts and executives with the support of SPE International, SPE Gulf Coast Section, IT / Digital Oilfield Technical Section, and Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG).
The Digital Energy 2009 Program and steering Committees welcome your participation in this lively event focused on driving value at the intersection of E&P and IT.
Major topics of in depth discussions, panels, and papers are:
- Collaborative Work Environments
- Decision Support Centers
- Real Time/Remote Operations Centers
- Integrated Workflows, formalization of new work processes
- Change Management Practices, Need for effective organizational change management
- System Requirements to Support Collaboration
· Remote Management of High-tech, High-risk Operations - Associated Decision Making and Accountability
- Use case scenarios and lessons learned
In addition, to the above sessions related to all aspects of deployment, the organizing committee has put together very informative panel discussions to broaden the attendees’ knowledge in some of the most important issues in our industry:
· CEO/Executive panel –business trends
· Alternative Energy panel including high profile, outside the industry visionaries
· Energy Outlook with a panel of executives and economists –energy economics
· CIO panel –people processes and technologies
· Young Professionals and Digital Petroleum Engineers panel – people trends
· Energy Jobs panel with top recruiters in the industry – employer trends
Visit www.digitalenergy2009.com for more information