- 7 + years’ work experience in Oil & Gas Industry with emphasis on well performance analysis & digital transformation
- Unique combination and strong knowledge of Petroleum Engineering, data analytics and computing
- Creative and collaborative problem solver. Strong desire and curiosity, rapidly learning new technology
Reservoir Engineer / Analytics Engineer, OXY (Legacy Anadarko Petroleum), Houston, TX Apr. 2018 – Present
• Developed digital oil field platform for unconventional assets (Permian and Rockies) by leveraging engineering practice and machine learning, mainly focused on reservoir performance and production surveillance, including PVT /BHP analysis, production forecasting, downtime estimation and post appraisal.
o Proficient with data acquisition, data validation, visualization and analysis on Subsurface technology.
o Performed Prove of Concept and Prototyping workflow, delivered digital technology transformational solution.
• Collaborated with Multi-Discipline Team, improved engineering best practice and tool development using Python, R and Spotfire, including gas allocation monitoring, root cause analysis of production downtime, frac sand control, competitor intelligence for operation & production team, production diagnostic & type curve studio for planning team.
• Supported well production analysis for corporate reserves, integrated and analyzed production data, conducted multivariate analysis to evaluate the completion efficiency based on stimulated reservoir volume concepts.
• Conducted well interference analysis based on the well spacing, well production and well completion, developed prototyping well interference detection workflow for event detect, labeling and validation.
• Leveraging physical and machine learning model, developing a workflow to optimize field development and screening exploration prospect, covering well inventory, well performance, and well economics.
Petroleum Engineer / Team Lead, Grace Instrument, Houston, TX Apr. 2014 – Apr. 2018
• Provided technical expertise and support in the design, implementation and analysis of laboratory test in routine and special core analysis for IOR/EOR technologies including chemical flooding, miscible flooding to support operational decision, improving multi-million benefit for the company.
• Participated in a study on formation damage test, sagging performance and proppant conductivity performance of drilling and fracturing fluid to improve operational performance. Proficient in IP patent search and archiving.
• Developed standard templates for data cleaning and validation, reading from flowing pump, pressure transducers, and supported Software Engineer to improve UI&UX.
• Built data pipeline and data visualization system using SQL, Python and Spotfire and helped management team to make better supply chain decisions.
• Worked with API Committees (10B, 13) group to identify need, develop, approve, and revise standards.
Petroleum Engineer / Data Analyst, SeismoElectronics LLC, Houston, TX Mar. 2013 - Apr. 2014
• Proficient with seismoelectric method to detect hydrocarbon and geothermal resource in the subsurface.
• Processed seismoelectronic data in SMT and interpreted results based on the geological information of survey area.
Proficient in Harmony, CMG, Prosper, Gopher, Python, R, JMP, VBA, SQL, Spotfire, Power BI
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering Dec, 2012
Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering June, 2010
Southwest Petroleum University, China
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering June, 2007
Yangtze University, China