15+ years of experience directing drilling in unconventional assets as a Senior Drilling Engineer and building large-scale construction sites as a Project Manager give me the experience needed for this role. With a strong background in drilling and construction management, I have a proven track record of minimizing cost and optimizing personnel to maximize company ROI. I also have a proven track record of learning quickly, adapting to new environments, and rising to the occasion as proven by my transition from construction to a Drilling Engineer. See below for a brief overview of my attached resume:
I value hard work and am ready to roll up my sleeves to get the job done. Here are some of the ways I have contributed to the growth of previous companies I worked for:
- Cost Controls:
- Decreased total well cost by $50K in the Eagleford asset despite a rising commodity market and longer lateral lengths.
- Decreased total well cost by $287K in the Austin Chalk asset despite a rising commodity market and longer lateral lengths.
- Crew Management: Trained Drilling Engineer and Field Supervisor teams for 103+ wells and built rapport based on respect, accountability, teamwork, and thoroughness through pre-drill, well section, and post drill meetings.
- Operations Optimization: Reduced average drilling days by 40% and cost by $287K while increasing lateral length by 1,443’ as Lead Engineer for 2+ years over Austin Chalk asset.
Maverick Natural Resources (Houston, TX)
Contract Drilling Engineer 9/2019 to 3/2020
• Recruited by Maverick to revamp the company’s East Texas Valley Drilling Program & Procedures.
• Manage WellView field reporting and generate data analysis presentations for senior management.
Wildhorse Resources (Houston, TX)
Drilling Engineer 8/2013 to 2/2019
• Vet, hire, and coordinate site supervisors across 4 rigs in Eagleford, Austin Chalk, and the Cotton Valley.
• Managed $230MM in CAPEX while staying within 3% AFE on wells drilled since 2017.
• Supervised 103+ drilling phases end-to-end (53 Eagleford, 13 Austin Chalk, 36 Cotton Valley & 1 SWD), including planning, design, procedures, optimization, execution, budget management, and real-time decision making for daily rig activities.
• Drilled a total of 1,548,000’ as lead Drilling Engineer and 8 wells as night rig supervisor.
• Reduced average drilling days by 40% and cost by $287K while increasing lateral length by 1,443’ as Lead Engineer for 2+ years over Austin Chalk asset.
• Championed a Best in Class drilling program in Brazos Valley Eagleford and Austin Chalk development wells.
• Trained Drilling Engineer and Field Supervisor teams and built rapport based on respect, accountability, teamwork, and thoroughness through pre-drill, well section, and post drill meetings.
Cox Commercial Construction, LLC (Baytown, TX)
Project Manager 1/2005 to 8/2013
• Led pre-construction meetings with architects, owners/clients, and subcontractors and built Walgreens, fire stations, fire training centers, recreation/community centers, parks, water parks, subdivision infrastructure, retail strip centers, and residential homes.
• Negotiated subcontractor contracts for two start-up companies (Cox Commercial and Briar Creek Homes).
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University 2002
Certifications: Well Control Certified
Professional Affiliations: Society of Petroleum Engineers; American Association of Drilling Engineers
Awards and Certifications
• Drilling Operations
• Federal & State Compliance
• Technical Procedures
• Safety Management Systems
• Vetting and Hiring Personnel
• Vendor Selection
• Training & Supervision
• Well Optimization
• Safety & HSE
• AFE & Budgets
• Presentations & Reports
• Project Management
• MWD Data / Logs
• Daily Office Management
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• WellView & Spotfire
Texas A&M University, BS in Industrial Engineering