Van Alstine, James
James Van Alstine
Geophysical Advisor with 18 yrs of industry experience and a focus on interpretation, exploration and prospect development of conventional and unconventional targets across the Gulf Coast, the US Mid-Continent, the Appalachian Basin and into the Permian Basin.
- Adept at 2D and 3D seismic interpretation and seismic attributes, having interpreted over 40,000 line miles of 2D and nearly 15,000 sq miles of 3D from surface to basement
- Well versed in the stratigraphic and structural development of most all US basins east of the Rockies, with particular focus on key formations in:
- Gulf Coast: Austin Chalk, Eagleford, Olmos, Buda, Georgetown, Edwards, Smackover, Wilcox, and Vicksburg-Frio as well as Sub-Salt Exploration within the Central Gulf Coast region
- Mid-Continent: Oswego, Hunton, Simpson, Meramec-Osage, Woodford, Simpson, Springer Shale, Atoka Shale, Arbuckle, Marchand, and Precambrian Basement
- Appalachian Basin: Rhinestreet Shale, Marcellus Shale, Utica Shale, and Oriskany sandstone