Stefania Gerbaudo Laronga, PhD
Stefania Gerbaudo Laronga, PhD
Dear Sir, Madam,
You have probably realized, just as I have, that most subsurface data acquired by most operators is vastly underexploited compared to its full potential as a decision-making tool and a creator of project economic value. As a Senior Geologist and with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry, I’ve observed time and time again the avoidable failure to leverage the full value of data stemming from various causes; lack of knowledge of fit-for-purpose workflows, doubts in organizational ability to timely execute said workflows, the challenges of integrating diverse data sources across widely different scales, and/or the lack of ability to instantly access appropriate high-quality data as it is needed.
Directly addressing these challenges is where I bring the most value.
I have extensive experience working with Techlog Wellbore platform and with Petrel E&P software platform also deploying Studio Petrel and Studio Techlog data transfer cross-disciplinary collaboration strategies and integrated cross platform workflows to improve reservoir modeling for better understanding of reservoir distribution, more accurate reserve estimation, and overall reduced risk and uncertainty in the E&P lifecycle (work I presented at the American Association of Petroleum Geologists annual meeting). My basic philosophy is to be comfortable staying ahead of the cutting edge and thus to always be prepared to deploy cutting-edge training techniques when they are identified as practical for the problems at hand.
My experience in Petrel software spans the full G&G workflows from various data loading techniques, seismic interpretation, well correlation analysis, structural modeling, and property population to reservoir fluid volume estimation including uncertainty and sensitivity analysis workflows.
I also bring a set of soft skills that I believe will be strongly appreciated. During my career, I have cultivated strong values of open communication, independence, cooperation, and accountability to the team. My people-centric nature, creativity, my eagerness to please, and learn new software and techniques as needed, attention to detail, and my focus on building strong working relationships have all been valuable assets throughout my career.
Please review my resume for a complete collection of my work history and accomplishments. I would be thrilled to learn more about potential job offers that would match my background and experience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Stefania Gerbaudo Laronga
Houston, TX, United States
SEDIMENTARY GEOLOGY DIVISION OF THE GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA
Management Board, Division Officer and Webmaster, Houston, TX, October 2016 - Present
SCHLUMBERGER SOFTWARE INFORMATION SOLUTIONS, Houston, TX / London, UK 09/2001 – 11/2019
Senior Geologist, Houston, TX, January 2016 - November 2019
Provided upstream services, industry emerging trends, subsurface modeling and training for internal and external customers worldwide. Worked in developing new training marketing strategies. Identified integrated cross-disciplinary, cross-product line, and collaboration workflows. Delivered internal and external presentations to customers to deploy training material worldwide.
• Provided services, software training and support that yielded a 97%+ customer satisfaction rate.
• Identified and implemented multiscale workflow strategies; work presented at the American Association of Petroleum Geologists annual conference.
• Presented work “Training the next generation of professionals” which showcased the worldwide training transformation plan increasing collaboration among geoscientists and adoption by 10 different corporate disciplines at the Geological Society of America 2019 Annual Meeting in Arizona.
Editor in charge, Houston, TX, January 2017 - November 2019
Led, contributed, and supported the internal e-newsletter for the company worldwide geology technical employees’ community.
Geoscientist, Paris, France, Jan 2012 - Dec 2015
Led customer upstream services and worldwide support to clients. Provided subsurface modeling, marketing, and training material.
• Provided services, software training and support that yielded a 98%+ customer satisfaction rating.
• Authored and deployed the first two standard reservoir modeling course guides that met the New technology company worldwide objective.
Support Engineer Geoscientist, Bucharest – Romania, Sept 2006 - March 2009
Provided subsurface modeling support. Identified business opportunities to sell software licenses. Provided software consultancy and training.
• Provided upstream onsite support and workflow consultancy for geoscientists in the energy sector across Continental Europe.
• Secured contract for fifty new reservoir modeling software licenses resulting in significant revenues.
• Delivered customized University training courses at University of Bucharest, Romania.
• Authored the first “Getting started” course in reservoir modeling to be used to market the new software release to the worldwide audience in the energy sector.
Web Design and Web Development Consultant, Stavanger, Norway, Nov 2004 - August 2006
Human Resources Webmaster, Montrouge, France, September 2001 - October 2004
• Designed and maintained intranet websites for Human Resources and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE).
Geoscience | Data Analytics | Geomodeling | Core Analysis | Seismic Interpretation Tectonic and Structure | Data Management | Research | Training | Product Management Marketing | Communication | Web Development | Web Design.
Petrel E&P software platform | Techlog Wellbore platform | Studio collaboration and knowledge environment | DELFI cloud-based collaboration environment | Adobe Creative Cloud | Adobe InDesign | Camtasia video production | Office 365.
Petrel Fundamentals | Petrel Geology | Studio for Petrel | Studio for Techlog Petrel Structural modeling | Petrel Property modeling | Petrel Well correlations.
- Post-Doctorate of Science (Post-PhD), Earth Science, University of Genova, Italy.
- Doctorate of Science (PhD), Earth Science, University of Bologna, Italy
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Geology, University of Genova, Italy