Highly motivated Petrophysicist with strong technical experience in clastic and carbonate reservoirs working across a broad range of operational and reservoir description roles. Expertise in exploration and development stages and experience in conventional and unconventional (shaley-sand, naturally fractured, shale gas/oil and tight sand) reservoirs. Successful record of work on international projects for the Exploration Appraisal and Business Development teams in several unconventional shale gas/oil and tight gas/oil sand projects including several US, Mexican, Colombian, Argentinean and Bolivian basins. Solid technical and team-oriented skills with demonstrated success in complex lithology reservoirs in onshore and offshore basins, integrated reservoir characterization projects and field development and well workovers.
• Lewis Energy Group, San Antonio, Texas - USA
Apr-2018 – Apr-2020
Senior Petrophysicist (Geology & Reservoir Management)
• BP, Houston, Texas - USA Jan-2011 – Mar-2018
Senior Petrophysicist (South Texas and Midcontinent Business Units – BP L48)
• Repsol YPF - Buenos Aires, Argentina 2009 – Dec-2010
Senior Petrophysicist (Exploration Management)
• Repsol YPF - Neuquén, Argentina 2007 - 2008
Senior Petrophysicist (Operational Team of the Exploration Management)
• Repsol YPF - Santa Cruz, Bolivia 2002 - 2006
Petrophysicist (Development and Exploration Management)
• Andina S.A., Santa Cruz, Bolívia 1997 - 2002
• Advanced petrophysical evaluation in conventional and unconventional complex lithology reservoirs. Experience with siliciclastic and carbonate reservoirs including shaley-sand, shale oil and gas, tight gas/oil sand, and naturally fractured reservoirs.
• Integration of core, log, and fluid data to deliver a comprehensive reservoir description analysis.
• Experience in petrophysical operations, including: designing coring, wireline and logging while drilling programs, and witnessing logging/coring operations.
• Strong knowledge in log quality control procedures, processing and interpreting logging data.
• Experience working with RCA and SCAL to aid well-log interpretation, including a deep understanding of core analysis techniques in shale source rock reservoirs.
• Rock typing, permeability predictions and saturation height modeling.
• Computing and integrating geomechanical/petrophysical properties to optimize the placement of completion fracture stages and perforation clusters in horizontal wells.
• Coaching/Mentoring early career petrophysicists in the evaluation of conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
• Compiling and sharing good practices and formation evaluation techniques with other petrophysicists, communities of practice, and partners.
Bachelor of Science, Petroleum Engineering, Universidad Autónoma Gabriel Rene Moreno, Santa Cruz-Bolivia