The Woodlands, Texas 77381 713-705-5805
Lead Drilling Supervisor
WellBore Manufacturing under AFE| Cost reduction in Drilling Practices
Leadership and communications when following the drilling process on drilling land and offshore. Varied expertise in drilling deep water low angle high complexity wells. Experience with Unconventional Resources and High H2S wells. Delivers KPIs to ensure cost reduction with International Oil Companies. Performs Project Management on a daily basis. Performs logistics for each well bore section and ensure third party services are on stand-by. Accounts for daily HES KPIs ensuring for continued Incident free operations. Analyzes drilling data to increase performance of drilling. Has served as a Well Control Instructor.
- Leadership - Project Management - Enterprise First Mindset
- Logistics - HSE - Analyzing Drilling Data
- Flat Time Reduction - Unconventional Resources
Flat Time Reduction for Argentinian Oil Company (YPF)
- While seconded to YPF (Joint Venture with Chevron), wrote Plans of Action and Standard Operating Procedures for flat time reduction to achieve cost savings across the YPF rig fleet.
- Developed Plans of Action for Walking Rig, Testing BOPs, Running intermediate casing and cementing, Tripping speeds for drill pipe, and Running production casing. All Plans were written in Spanish and accepted for use across the YPF rig fleet.
- Cost savings of flat time reduction were a reduction of several days rig time at $156k per day.
Flat Time reduction in TengizChevroil, Kazakhstan
- While working for Chevron Joint Venture TengizChevroil, Wrote Standard Operating Procedures for flat time reduction to reduce rig costs across the fleet.
- Reduced rig move time from 22 days to 12 days resulting in a savings of 10 days rig cost at $168k per day.
- Reduced well bore manufacturing time from 55 days to 28 days resulting in 17 days rig time saved at $168k per day.
Chevron, Neuquen, Argentina Jan 2019 - Dec 2020
Lead Drill Site Representative
Performed flat time reduction Initiatives, including the following: Writing POAs, SOPs for daily operations in the YPF organization (Argentine NOC). Leveraged leadership position to influence the Argentinian National Oil Company to buy into flat time reduction practices. Drilled Horizontal Oil Wells with Managed Pressure Drilling.
Martin Prado email@example.com Page Two
TengizChevroil, Tengiz, Kazahstan Jan 2018 — Jan 2019
Lead Drill Site Representative
Drilled Conventionally on Platform wells on the rim of the Tengiz field – Wells are classified as High Complexity due to handling of H2S gas when in reservoir at ~5000 m / 25° to 45°. Nitrogen Cap Drilling and Closed Hole Circulating Drilling performed when wells were on full losses. Manage logistics for each well section, having third party service companies on hand. Accounted for daily HES metrics to maintain a IFO
Chevron, Houston, Texas Jul 2015 — Dec 2017
Well Control Instructor
Instructed IADC Well Control Courses for Chevron in Aberdeen, Scotland / Luanda, Angola / Lagos, Nigeria / Midland, Tx / Bakersfield, Ca / Calgary, Canada / Houston, Tx / Covington, La. Performed Technical Services for Chevron Energy Technology Corporation - Rig Audit of Blackford Dolphin, North Sea.
Chevron – Deep Water Exploration and Projects , Houston, Texas Oct 2011 — July 2015
Drill Site Representative
Drilled high complexity wells in the Tahiti field and Walker Ridge in the Gulf of Mexico +/- 28,000 ft.
Additional Relevant Experience
ExxonMobil, Sr Project Engineer (Jul 2010 — Oct 2011)
Managed the transition of all Drilling Rotators to a new computing environment being deployed throughout the XOM corporation by managing drill team contacts locally and internationally to coordinate two migration sessions. Managed Real Time operations in Houston and rigs deployed globally. Managed WellView deployment on Engineering laptops and rig PCs.
ESSO/ExxonMobil, Sr Drilling Rig supervisor (Jan 2009 — Jul 2010)
Drilled vertical and low angle(15°-25°) directional wells(5500ft depth average) per drilling program with PHPA mud system. Managed daily safety leadership to maintain Incident Free Operations. Managed Logistics of work boats to and from the Rig. Managed flat time reduction initiatives for drilling and completions.
Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
I have 21 years in the oil and gas industry.
Leadership / HSE / Project Management / Logistics / Unconventional Resources / Design Engineering
Bachelors of Science - Mechanical Engineering Technology