PhD Candidate & Reservoir Engineer
Passionate PhD student and researcher in Enhance Oil Recovery with eight years of management and field experience in various aspects of reservoir engineering in both mature and green hydrocarbon fields.
Saudi Aramco Oil Company, Dhahran, KSA
Senior Reservoir Engineer & Team leader Jul. 2014-May 2015
• Led offshore development activities in clastic reservoir and maintained a plateau of 800 MSTB.
• Prepared and mentored development program for more than 20 summer trainees and new engineers.
• Coordinated and managed multidisciplinary asset and operational teams.
Work Over Engineer Jul. 2013 – Jun. 2014
• Designed and implemented more than 50 work over programs and subsurface designing.
• First implementation of Managed Pressure Drilling in Saudi Arabia resulted in saving $10’s MM in operation activities.
Reservoir Engineer Jun. 2010 – Jun. 2013
• Led second oil Intelligent Field transforming team in Saudi Arabia.
• Unlocked 150 MSTB potential through implementation of best practice engineering and Expert Petroleum softwares.
• Prepared and delivered field business strategies, high management and education purposes presentations.
Production Engineer Sep. 2005 – Feb. 2007
• Designed and implemented more than75 operation programs included well completions, ESPs, and stimulation jobs.
• Supervised acid stimulation, logging, perforation, gas kick-off, water shut-off, and wellhead replacement jobs
Petroleum Engineer Feb. 2004 – Aug. 2005
• Involved in two offshore field development, geo-steering and reservoir management activities.
• Proposed forecasting
Awards and Certifications
• Society of Petroleum Engineers, Dhahran, KSA
Unlocking Talent Potential in the Region, SPE Certification Exam
• Total Professeurs Associes (TPA LSU), Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Reservoir Evaluation Field Case, Shale Oil and Gas: An Energy Revolution
• Computer Modeling Group, Houston, TX, USA
CMG Reservoir Simulation Model Creation & Analysis using Builder & Results , Winprop
• Schlumberger, Dhahran, KSA
Petrel Fundamentals, Reservoir Engineering
• Saudi Aramco Oil Company, Dhahran, KSA
Well Completion Design using NETool Software, Problem Solving, Petrel Reservoir Modeling, Introduction to Post Processing Applications Training, Integrated Economic Evaluation & Risk Analysis, Coring and Core Analysis, Develop Your Soft Skills Workshop, Conformance Control using Polymers and Gels, Applied Reservoir Engineering, Artificial Lift Systems, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
• Technical: Prosper, IFM, OFM, GEOLOG, I-Field, Black Oil, SCADA, NETool, MO, CMG, PETREL & MathLab
• Soft: goal oriented, creativity, mentoring, long-term planning, leadership, problem solving and self-development
• Laboratory: building, function testing and running drilling platform (cutting cores), Soxhlet extractor (cleaning), high pressure high temperature cells (miscibility) and core flooding apparatus (flooding and enhance recovery)
• Language: Arabic (native) and English (fluent)
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA Expected May 2021
Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering GPA: 3.814/4.0
Dissertation: Application of gas assisted gravity drainage process for enhancing recovery from unconventional resources
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA Graduated May 2010
MEng, Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering GPA: 4.0/4.0
Thesis: Predicting the gas-condensate extended composition analysis
King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, KSA Graduated Jan. 2004
BS, Science of Petroleum Engineering GPA: 3.218/4.0