20+ years of diverse experience in completions/workover engineering and operations for a wide range of completion types (open hole, cased hole, frac-pack, intelligent wells) while working for Chevron and Schlumberger.
Breadth of expertise in planning and executing fracturing, sand control,
acidizing, slickline and wireline operations. Experience with variety of artificial lift completion types: ESP (Conventional), ESP (Slickline), Gas Lift.
Deepwater Completions Engineer
(Drillship operations, Subsea VXT, High Pressure):
Chevron Gulf of Mexico Business Unit, Houston, TX
June 2018 – Dec 2020
Completions engineer on the $5.5 billion Anchor high pressure (20K psi) deepwater project. Anchor targets lower tertiary Wilcox formations. Well depths up to 33,000 ft MD in 5000 ft water depth.
- Led Anchor hydraulic fracturing planning through multiple unique challenges (high surface pressures, high reverse out pressures, extreme frac volumes).
- Evaluation and selection of single trip multizone completion system, screens and proppant.
- Simulated hydraulic fracture designs using StimPLAN. Analyzed production performance data for several hundred Gulf of Mexico wells, benchmarking initial and long-term productivity predictions; reduced uncertainty ranges, enabling quality business decisions.
- Developed completion basis of design and cost estimates for FID package.
- Planning for well intervention requirements from new build floater (CTLF rig up, wireline tools/conveyance).
Shelf Completions/Workover Engineer (Jackup operations, dry tree):
Cabinda Gulf Oil Company (Chevron), Luanda, Angola
June 2014 – June 2018
Completions engineer for Block 0. Block 0 is a major producing asset for Chevron and the country of Angola. It is a 2,155-square-mile shallow water concession which comprises 36 major fields including
Takula and Malongo.
Completion tools contract management:
- Contract owner for completion tools in Angola (~$60 million annual spend). Managed KPI's, investigated equipment failure and service quality incidents. Worked with service companies to resolve and close 20+ incidents each year. Managed the contractor HSE process.
- Managed completion equipment inventory ($100 million+) in remote location (Malongo, Cabinda). Single point of contact for completion equipment procurement for Chevron’s Angola operations.
- Completions engineer for $6 billion Mafumeira Sul project. Fast paced “factory well” operations (delivered ~20 wells in 1.5/yrs). Completion execution performance was benchmarked in top quartile worldwide.
- Completions planning and preparation of execution procedures. Conducted Risk Assessments, CWOP (Complete Well on Paper) and management reviews.
- On-call completion engineering support for wellsite execution. Periodic wellsite supervision. MOC preparation for deviations during operations. Preparation of performance analysis and look backs.
- Diagnosed productivity issues and identified workover candidates. Troubleshoot well integrity issues.
- Planning and operations supervision for rig-based workovers (packer recovery/milling, reperforating, upper completion changeouts).
- Led development and execution of highly successful remediation and stimulation program that combined water block treatment with matrix acidizing.
- Led acidizing plan development and execution for perforating damage cleanup.
- Conducted gas lift/ESP troubleshooting, planned pre- and post-rig slickline/wireline work.
Waterflood Management (Intervention/Production):
- Identified candidates for production logging in mature waterflood field (Takula).
- Planned wireline production logging operations with service company.
- Maintained well queue and planned slickline work (sleeve shifting, injection regulator changeout etc.)
Completions Planning/Technology deployment:
- Analyzed productivity problems and developed new standardized completion strategy for reservoirs with challenging sand control problems (shallow depth, small mean particle size,
- Selected and planned deployment of innovative new sand control technology (Baker GeoForm).
- TCP/wireline perforating optimization(firing head/charge selection, under/over balance design, productivity analysis).
- Conducted study on optimum underbalance level in shoot/drop perforating operations.
Completions Engineer (Project Support):
Chevron Energy Technology Company, Houston, TX
June 2009 – June 2014
Frac-Pack Completions Support:
- Frac-Pack design support for deepwater projects. Real-time frac execution support at wellsite and from frac data rooms.
- Subject matter expert for sand control completion reliability, screen erosion modelling and frac pack completion scorecards.
Intelligent Wells Completions:
- Selected completion equipment, assessed reliability and planned operations for intelligent well completions.
- Supported completion operations and prepared MOC’s for deviations during operations.
Injector Wells Completions:
- Enhanced tools and processes for injector well completion selection. Represented Chevron on non-operated joint venture meetings for deepwater injector completions planning.
- Conducted injectivity testing and built diagnostic plots for troubleshooting of water injectivity issues.
• Developed detailed large-scale models in proprietary coupled geomechanical/reservoir simulator to evaluate issues related to:
o perforation stability and sanding potential
o open-hole completion stability, loads on horizontal completions with depletion
o fracture initial productivity and productivity decline with depletion
Sr. Development Engineer (Well Productivity Services):
Schlumberger, Sugar Land, TX Aug 2002 – June 2009
Supervised development and led deployment of technology for hydraulic fracturing and acidizing.
- Deployed initiative to improve fracturing fluids testing and quality control at district labs and at field locations.
- Conceptual design of Petrel based applications for shale hydraulic fracturing. Software was commercialized successfully as “Mangrove” (and Kinetix today).
- Developed process to optimize sandstone acidizing systems utilizing core flow experiments.
Engineer (Well Productivity Services):
Schlumberger, Engineer US Land fracturing Nov 1997 – Aug 2002
Awards and Certifications
Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (Tropical HUET), Issued Apr 2018
IADC Wellsharp: Drilling, Completion and Workover Supervisor (Subsea), Issued Jul 2020
IADC WellCAP - Snubbing, Coil Tubing, Wireline, Issued Aug 2014
Contract fiscal and HSE management
Perforating (TCP, Wireline)
Slickline, wireline intervention
FracPack design and execution
Completion quality and reliability
Screen Erosion Modeling
Statistics, data analysis
Object Oriented Software Development
University of Houston, M.S. Petroleum Engineering, 2006
Missouri University of Science and Technology, M.S. Chemical Engineering, 1998
Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology, B.S. Chemical Engineering, 1995