Highly skilled, quantitative geoscience integrator with over 12 years of experience working in the oil and gas industry, leveraging my strong commitment to data-driven decisions and to making a positive difference. Highly creative problem-solver with a track record of developing innovative solutions. Passion and curiosity for pushing the limits of what we can learn and build through data science and multi-discipline collaboration.
EXXONMOBIL RESEARCH COMPANY, Spring, TX 2018 - 2021
Senior Research Geoscientist
UPSTREAM INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS - RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
• Collaboratively researched a new, big data analytics driven workflow for geophysical uncertainty quantification and successfully commercialized the technology into company-wide best practices, subject matter expert advisor in early implementations.
• Created suite of geologic models representing deep-water turbidite depositional systems utilizing python-based proprietary reservoir modeling software that supported machine learning initiatives across multiple value chains (Exploration assets / Corporate research)
• Achieved research project progression milestone into machine learning applications (CNN, UNet) targeting cycle-time reduction of geologic analyses for Upstream business decisions by integrating geologic modeling, geophysics, stratigraphic numerical modeling research, and uncertainty analytics.
EXXONMOBIL EXPLORATION COMPANY, Spring, TX 2016 - 2018
Regional Exploration Geoscientist
GULF OF MEXICO BUSINESS UNIT - REGIONAL TEAM
• Coordinated GoM-wide monthly scouting discussion with > 100 participants delivering fail-fast prototypes and promoting dialogue, insight generation, and collaboration.
• Led Western Gulf of Mexico (GoM) opportunity generation & pursuit strategy; evaluated basin analysis, reservoir architecture, salt tectonics, full-cycle seismic reprocessing interpretation, prospect-scale volumetric uncertainty analyses, and farm-in opportunity screening.
• GoM Planning and budget coordinator. Coordinated deliverables to model potential alternative field development planning scenarios to delineate prospect scale uncertainties.
EXXONMOBIL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, Spring, TX 2013 - 2016
SAKHALIN BUSINESS UNIT - ARKUTUN-DAGI TEAM
• Led well scale optimization of successfully drilled producers completed in the Arkutun-Dagi field.
• Built initial, zone-scale Petrel geological model used to evaluate near-field potential of a deeper slope-fan turbidite depositional system – taken through dynamic simulation.
• Collaborated with multi-disciplinary team (Geoscience, Drilling, Reservoir & Production Engineers) on successful real-time horizontal well operations, providing the basis for re-optimization of the field development plan.
EXXONMOBIL UPSTREAM, Houston, TX 2008 - 2013
Integrative Seismic Interpreter | MULTIPLE PROJECT TEAMS
• Developed a new Petrel geo-modeling workflow for the lease-wide integrated geologic assessment of the Grand Rapids stratigraphic interval at Cold Lake.
• Supported heavy-oil production evaluation through integration of 3D seismic data, well log and core analysis to understand and characterize the intra-field scale Colony sand in the Upper Grand Rapids.
• Presented 8 Vaca Muerta OBO and operated prospects at internal technical reviews effectively advancing all from identification to drill ready status.
• Constructed a sub-regional ArcGIS-based hydrocarbon unconventional static model for volumetric uncertainty analysis, integrating time-depth models, stratigraphic framework, pressure, temperature, depth structure, seismic isochrones, isopachs, and condensate-gas-ratios.
• Assessed risk of hydrocarbon presence for GoM high-dip, salt-flank prospect utilizing amplitude-variation-with-offset (AVO), fluid substitution, spectral decomposition, 2D synthetic models, well ties, and attribute extractions.
Specialized Skills: Petrel / ArcGIS / Python / Quantitative Seismic Interpretation / Geophysical Analysis / Geo-Modeling / Technology Development / Geologic Assessment / Uncertainty Analysis / Sequence Stratigraphy / Salt Interpretation / Drilling Support / Well Ties / Petrophysics
UT Bootcamp for Full-Stack Web Developers – Houston, TX - Trinity
2018, Graduate, Sponsored through University of Texas, Austin
Virginia Polytechnic and State University – Blacksburg, VA - Master of Science Geology
Thesis: High-Pressure Deformation of Plagioclase Feldspar, http://hdl.handle.net/10919/36450
Washington State University – Pullman, WA – Bachelor of Science
Magna Cum Laude, Honors Thesis: James Hutton and Plate Tectonics: Parallels in Time?